Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Freeze, Froze, Frozen...I don't think so in Fort Worth



Last Sunday, Feb. 22, the day was sunny, but cool...and I had planned an open house at my listing on Murphy Drive in Bedford, Texas...a part of the Fort Worth/Dallas area. As a good listing agent, I always offer open houses and some locations are better than others for holding homes open.

With all of the talk of the "Bailouts...Stimuli...Crisis...etc., I wondered what my result might be. Still, I went prepared for a long afternoon. I took my lawn chair, my laptop (for game playing), a novel to break the monotony, and off I went! I placed my directional signs to point the traffic to the house, and now I was ready to sit in the lovely backyard, near the pool and spend the afternoon.

No sooner than I got a solitaire game started, my first visitor came. ........and it never stopped!

People came one by one, couples, neighbors, the curious, and the interested. One lady went home to get her husband and they came back to look again. Sometimes people are obviously just "killing time", but these people were interested in real estate! The time flew by and I was extremely pleased with the results of the day. No, I did not get a contract, but what I saw was that people were positive and not negative about real estate. They were people who can get loans, they are upbeat about the Fort Worth area and they were genuinely interested in knowing more.

How about this: Let's get back to basics and just do what we know how to do. I know how to sell homes to people who really want to buy a home. I know how to sell homes to people who know they must be responsible for their money, their credit, etc. No a one spoke of a "bail out"...other than to find out if they will qualify for a loan. What a great afternoon!

If you need Fort Worth area real estate help: dianne@diannearnette.com

Keller-Williams Realty

No comments:

Post a Comment